Diddy accused of 'age bias' firing
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com4 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Chappelle's Show' Co-Creator: I'd Pay to Get Cops to Wear CamerMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:25:00 PM
- Hulu Plus Scores 'Sleepy Hollow's' Exclusive Streaming RightsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:07:00 PM
- 'Redskins' Banned by Washington Post Editorial PageMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:50:00 PM
- 'The Phone Call' Director Mat Kirkby's Next Project Will Make '5MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:42:00 PM
- Stephen Gaghan to Direct 'White City' Pilot for AMCMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:14:00 PM
- 'Chappelle's Show' Co-Creator: I'd Pay to Get Cops to Wear Camer
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York woman has sued rapper-producer Sean "Diddy" Combs, saying he fired her because of her age, two decades after she helped launch his career.
Fifty-one-year-old Francesca Spero filed the age discrimination lawsuit Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
RELATED: Diddy's Summer Jet-Setting
The lawsuit says the Malverne resident introduced Combs to hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and Uptown Records after meeting Combs in 1988. It says she worked at Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment record label as an executive for 12 years before being fired in March.
RELATED: Diddy & more Celebs in the Fast Lane
The lawsuit says Spero was fired after having hip surgery and confiding to an executive that she was treated for a drug dependency relapse.
RELATED: More Diddy pics
A publicist for Combs says "there are many reasons why Ms. Spero is no longer employed by Bad Boy, but age discrimination is not one of them."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite