Diddy accused of 'age bias' firing
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com4 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: © Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.6 of 8
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York woman has sued rapper-producer Sean "Diddy" Combs, saying he fired her because of her age, two decades after she helped launch his career.
Fifty-one-year-old Francesca Spero filed the age discrimination lawsuit Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.
RELATED: Diddy's Summer Jet-Setting
The lawsuit says the Malverne resident introduced Combs to hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and Uptown Records after meeting Combs in 1988. It says she worked at Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment record label as an executive for 12 years before being fired in March.
RELATED: Diddy & more Celebs in the Fast Lane
The lawsuit says Spero was fired after having hip surgery and confiding to an executive that she was treated for a drug dependency relapse.
RELATED: More Diddy pics
A publicist for Combs says "there are many reasons why Ms. Spero is no longer employed by Bad Boy, but age discrimination is not one of them."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite