DJ AM Laid to Rest
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: Breeden, Perkins, Shirley/Pacific Coast News2 of 13
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News6 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Macpherson/St.Clair/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Lucy' Director Luc Besson Predicts Greed Will End Human CivilizationMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:55:00 AM
- Whitney Houston's Mother Slams Lifetime Biopic: 'Please Let Her Rest'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:38:00 AM
- ABC's 'Scandal' Casts Portia De Rossi in 'Top Secret' RMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:33:00 AM
- SAG-AFTRA Sends Proposed Contract to Membership for RatificationMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:33:00 AM
- Captain America Cozies Up With Alice Eve in First Look at Chris Evans' Directorial Debut (PMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 10:04:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Director Luc Besson Predicts Greed Will End Human Civilization
Five days after his death, DJ AM was laid to rest in a private ceremony Wednesday, Usmagazine.com confirms.
Shortly after 3 p.m. PDT, guests, including pal Travis Barker and girlfriend Hayley Wood, began to congregate at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in L.A. for a funeral service honoring the celebrity DJ (real name: Adam Goldstein), who died last week of an apparent drug overdose at the age of 36.
People magazine reports that Nicole Richie and Joel and Benji Madden were also in attendance.
The service was held in the mortuary and then moved outside around 4 p.m. A procession of cars followed the hearse to the back of one of L.A.'s most prominent Jewish cemeteries for the somber burial, which lasted 15 minutes.
The blink-182 drummer, wearing dark sunglasses and a pin-striped suit and styling slick-backed hair, paid his respects and threw dirt on the coffin. Barker and Wood, who wore a black dress and white sneakers with red shoelaces, hugged at one point.
After the burial, Barker and Hayley walked side by side among family and close friends.
("Ocean's Eleven" star Scott Caan was also in attendance.)
A memorial for the star is also set for Thursday. The event will take place at the Hollywood Palladium at 7 p.m., and "the format of the evening will be in the style of an open 12-step meeting," according to the invitation. "Adam's friends both from his life in recovery, as well as those from other areas of his life, are welcome."
More on Wonderwall:
More on MSN:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite