DJ Khaled's marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj: 'I was serious'
- Photo: DS7/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
DJ Khaled is putting his heart on the line -- all in the name of Nicki Minaj! While at MTV News on Thursday, the 37-year-old recorded a special video message to the "Super Bass" singer, confessing his major crush on her.
"Nicki Minaj, I'm at MTV, I'm going to be honest with you; I love you. I like you, I want you, I want you to be mine," he said in the video. "Only reason I'm not telling you this face to face is because I understand that you're busy."
He continued, "I feel like you need a man like me in your life; we got the same symptoms, we're both suffering from success. [If] you gotta take your time and think about it, I understand, but I know I have to be here today to let you know how serious I am and how serious this is to me."
The hip hop star finished the video with a very public, if not romantic, proposal: "Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?" he asked, flashing a reported $500,000 10-carat ring for the singer.
While Minaj, 30, hasn't responded to the proposal yet, he told Us Weekly exclusively at a screening of "Magic City" for friend, rapper Rick Ross, on Friday, July 26, at Eventi Hotel in N.Y.C. that he was 100 percent serious in the video.
"I want to marry her! I was serious," he told Us, adding that he hopes to hear from the former "American Idol" judge soon. "She can take her time and think about it. At least she knows how I feel now."
On July 26, Khaled posted a screenshot via Instagram of Minaj from his "Take It to yhe Head" video and captioned the pic, "Beautiful."
Khaled's upcoming new album is due at the end of September.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite