DJ Khaled's marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj: 'I was serious'
- Photo: DS7/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
DJ Khaled is putting his heart on the line -- all in the name of Nicki Minaj! While at MTV News on Thursday, the 37-year-old recorded a special video message to the "Super Bass" singer, confessing his major crush on her.
"Nicki Minaj, I'm at MTV, I'm going to be honest with you; I love you. I like you, I want you, I want you to be mine," he said in the video. "Only reason I'm not telling you this face to face is because I understand that you're busy."
He continued, "I feel like you need a man like me in your life; we got the same symptoms, we're both suffering from success. [If] you gotta take your time and think about it, I understand, but I know I have to be here today to let you know how serious I am and how serious this is to me."
The hip hop star finished the video with a very public, if not romantic, proposal: "Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?" he asked, flashing a reported $500,000 10-carat ring for the singer.
While Minaj, 30, hasn't responded to the proposal yet, he told Us Weekly exclusively at a screening of "Magic City" for friend, rapper Rick Ross, on Friday, July 26, at Eventi Hotel in N.Y.C. that he was 100 percent serious in the video.
"I want to marry her! I was serious," he told Us, adding that he hopes to hear from the former "American Idol" judge soon. "She can take her time and think about it. At least she knows how I feel now."
On July 26, Khaled posted a screenshot via Instagram of Minaj from his "Take It to yhe Head" video and captioned the pic, "Beautiful."
Khaled's upcoming new album is due at the end of September.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite