DJ Khaled's marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj: 'I was serious'
- Photo: DS7/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Conan O'Brien Unlocks the Secret of the Kardashians' Krazy Christmas Card (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:39:07 AM
- Nigella Lawson Admits to Cocaine Use in UK CourtMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:37:57 AM
- 'Her' Named Year's Best by National Board of ReviewMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 10:15:57 AM
- News Corp. Taps Sony Veteran Jim Kennedy as Chief Communications OfficerMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:25:14 AM
- Super Bowl TV Advertising Sold Out, Fox SaysMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 9:09:51 AM
- Conan O'Brien Unlocks the Secret of the Kardashians' Krazy Christmas Card (Video)
DJ Khaled is putting his heart on the line -- all in the name of Nicki Minaj! While at MTV News on Thursday, the 37-year-old recorded a special video message to the "Super Bass" singer, confessing his major crush on her.
"Nicki Minaj, I'm at MTV, I'm going to be honest with you; I love you. I like you, I want you, I want you to be mine," he said in the video. "Only reason I'm not telling you this face to face is because I understand that you're busy."
He continued, "I feel like you need a man like me in your life; we got the same symptoms, we're both suffering from success. [If] you gotta take your time and think about it, I understand, but I know I have to be here today to let you know how serious I am and how serious this is to me."
The hip hop star finished the video with a very public, if not romantic, proposal: "Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?" he asked, flashing a reported $500,000 10-carat ring for the singer.
While Minaj, 30, hasn't responded to the proposal yet, he told Us Weekly exclusively at a screening of "Magic City" for friend, rapper Rick Ross, on Friday, July 26, at Eventi Hotel in N.Y.C. that he was 100 percent serious in the video.
"I want to marry her! I was serious," he told Us, adding that he hopes to hear from the former "American Idol" judge soon. "She can take her time and think about it. At least she knows how I feel now."
On July 26, Khaled posted a screenshot via Instagram of Minaj from his "Take It to yhe Head" video and captioned the pic, "Beautiful."
Khaled's upcoming new album is due at the end of September.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Mario Lopez's newborn son, Dominic Lopez, on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite