DJ Khaled's marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj: 'I was serious'
- Photo: DS7/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
DJ Khaled is putting his heart on the line -- all in the name of Nicki Minaj! While at MTV News on Thursday, the 37-year-old recorded a special video message to the "Super Bass" singer, confessing his major crush on her.
"Nicki Minaj, I'm at MTV, I'm going to be honest with you; I love you. I like you, I want you, I want you to be mine," he said in the video. "Only reason I'm not telling you this face to face is because I understand that you're busy."
He continued, "I feel like you need a man like me in your life; we got the same symptoms, we're both suffering from success. [If] you gotta take your time and think about it, I understand, but I know I have to be here today to let you know how serious I am and how serious this is to me."
The hip hop star finished the video with a very public, if not romantic, proposal: "Nicki Minaj, will you marry me?" he asked, flashing a reported $500,000 10-carat ring for the singer.
While Minaj, 30, hasn't responded to the proposal yet, he told Us Weekly exclusively at a screening of "Magic City" for friend, rapper Rick Ross, on Friday, July 26, at Eventi Hotel in N.Y.C. that he was 100 percent serious in the video.
"I want to marry her! I was serious," he told Us, adding that he hopes to hear from the former "American Idol" judge soon. "She can take her time and think about it. At least she knows how I feel now."
On July 26, Khaled posted a screenshot via Instagram of Minaj from his "Take It to yhe Head" video and captioned the pic, "Beautiful."
Khaled's upcoming new album is due at the end of September.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite