Doctor: Bee Gee Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer and remains in intensive care after waking from a coma, his doctor said Sunday.
RELATED: Robin Gibb Back From Coma
Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said Gibb was being treated for advanced colorectal cancer and had caught pneumonia as he was weakened from grueling doses of chemotherapy and two operations.
The 62-year-old singer fell into a coma last week after contracting the pneumonia. Thillainayagam said that three days ago he had warned Gibb's family that he may not wake up. Instead, Gibb is now fully conscious and able to speak.
Thillainayagam said Gibb is still in intensive care and is "exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished." He is breathing with the help of an oxygen mask and needs intravenous feeding and antibiotics.
"It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam said in a statement.
The Bee Gees — British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb — had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite