Doctor: Bee Gee Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Neil Young Shatters Pono Music Kickstarter Goal in One DayMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM
- Biblical Scholar on 'Noah' Script: 'Anti-Human, Pro-Environmental PolemicMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More Seasons
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer and remains in intensive care after waking from a coma, his doctor said Sunday.
RELATED: Robin Gibb Back From Coma
Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said Gibb was being treated for advanced colorectal cancer and had caught pneumonia as he was weakened from grueling doses of chemotherapy and two operations.
The 62-year-old singer fell into a coma last week after contracting the pneumonia. Thillainayagam said that three days ago he had warned Gibb's family that he may not wake up. Instead, Gibb is now fully conscious and able to speak.
Thillainayagam said Gibb is still in intensive care and is "exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished." He is breathing with the help of an oxygen mask and needs intravenous feeding and antibiotics.
"It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam said in a statement.
The Bee Gees — British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb — had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive."
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite