Doctor: Bee Gee Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awards
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has colorectal cancer and remains in intensive care after waking from a coma, his doctor said Sunday.
RELATED: Robin Gibb Back From Coma
Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said Gibb was being treated for advanced colorectal cancer and had caught pneumonia as he was weakened from grueling doses of chemotherapy and two operations.
The 62-year-old singer fell into a coma last week after contracting the pneumonia. Thillainayagam said that three days ago he had warned Gibb's family that he may not wake up. Instead, Gibb is now fully conscious and able to speak.
Thillainayagam said Gibb is still in intensive care and is "exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished." He is breathing with the help of an oxygen mask and needs intravenous feeding and antibiotics.
"It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam said in a statement.
The Bee Gees — British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb — had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite