Drake asks judge to dismiss nightclub lawsuit
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: WENN3 of 18
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/ABACA/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Arnold Turner/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: CTV/Promotional/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/ESPN/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: C/O Michael Sterling Eaton/.15 of 18
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Drake is asking a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit blaming him for a nightclub's bad press following his infamous brawl with Chris Brown.
The two stars' entourages clashed during a night out at New York City's W.i.P. in June and the fracas is believed to have erupted after the rival artists exchanged words over Rihanna, who was romantically linked to Drake following her 2009 split from Brown.
RELATED: One-name Wonders
Chiefs at Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., who own a large stake in Greenhouse, a club located in the same building, later filed a $16 million lawsuit against the pair, alleging their reputation was ruined by the media fallout, according to TMZ.com.
But Drake, real name Aubrey Drake Graham, has now fired back in new legal documents, claiming Greenhouse had its liquor license once suspended due to a "string of violent incidents" and was also described by editors at the New York Times as having "a history of violence and other problems" before the fight.
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite