Drake asks judge to dismiss nightclub lawsuit
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: WENN3 of 18
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/ABACA/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Arnold Turner/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: CTV/Promotional/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/ESPN/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: C/O Michael Sterling Eaton/.15 of 18
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Drake is asking a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit blaming him for a nightclub's bad press following his infamous brawl with Chris Brown.
The two stars' entourages clashed during a night out at New York City's W.i.P. in June and the fracas is believed to have erupted after the rival artists exchanged words over Rihanna, who was romantically linked to Drake following her 2009 split from Brown.
RELATED: One-name Wonders
Chiefs at Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., who own a large stake in Greenhouse, a club located in the same building, later filed a $16 million lawsuit against the pair, alleging their reputation was ruined by the media fallout, according to TMZ.com.
But Drake, real name Aubrey Drake Graham, has now fired back in new legal documents, claiming Greenhouse had its liquor license once suspended due to a "string of violent incidents" and was also described by editors at the New York Times as having "a history of violence and other problems" before the fight.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite