Drake asks judge to dismiss nightclub lawsuit
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: WENN3 of 18
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/ABACA/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Arnold Turner/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: CTV/Promotional/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/ESPN/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: C/O Michael Sterling Eaton/.15 of 18
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
Drake is asking a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit blaming him for a nightclub's bad press following his infamous brawl with Chris Brown.
The two stars' entourages clashed during a night out at New York City's W.i.P. in June and the fracas is believed to have erupted after the rival artists exchanged words over Rihanna, who was romantically linked to Drake following her 2009 split from Brown.
RELATED: One-name Wonders
Chiefs at Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., who own a large stake in Greenhouse, a club located in the same building, later filed a $16 million lawsuit against the pair, alleging their reputation was ruined by the media fallout, according to TMZ.com.
But Drake, real name Aubrey Drake Graham, has now fired back in new legal documents, claiming Greenhouse had its liquor license once suspended due to a "string of violent incidents" and was also described by editors at the New York Times as having "a history of violence and other problems" before the fight.
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite