Drake asks judge to dismiss nightclub lawsuit
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 18
- Photo: WENN3 of 18
- Photo: JE1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: WENN/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/ABACA/StarTraks8 of 18
- Photo: WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Arnold Turner/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 18
- Photo: CTV/Promotional/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/ESPN/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: C/O Michael Sterling Eaton/.15 of 18
- Photo: Bobby Bank/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Drake is asking a U.S. judge to dismiss a lawsuit blaming him for a nightclub's bad press following his infamous brawl with Chris Brown.
The two stars' entourages clashed during a night out at New York City's W.i.P. in June and the fracas is believed to have erupted after the rival artists exchanged words over Rihanna, who was romantically linked to Drake following her 2009 split from Brown.
RELATED: One-name Wonders
Chiefs at Entertainment Enterprises Ltd., who own a large stake in Greenhouse, a club located in the same building, later filed a $16 million lawsuit against the pair, alleging their reputation was ruined by the media fallout, according to TMZ.com.
But Drake, real name Aubrey Drake Graham, has now fired back in new legal documents, claiming Greenhouse had its liquor license once suspended due to a "string of violent incidents" and was also described by editors at the New York Times as having "a history of violence and other problems" before the fight.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite