Drake Rejected From Hollywood Nightclub Where Chris Brown Was Partying
- Photo: JE1/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: Hennessy V.S/.10 of 13
- Photo: MJT/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
It's best to keep Drake and Chris Brown at a distance, which is why the hip-hop star was denied entry at Playhouse in Hollywood on Wednesday, TMZ reports. Drake was turned away at the door because the R&B singer was already partying at a table inside, and the hotspot's security team wanted to avoid a possible altercation between the bitter enemies.
Brown, 23, was celebrating the anniversary of the Popular Demand clothing brand; Rihanna strolled in to Playhouse past midnight, a source told Us Weekly, but the two did not appear to be "on speaking terms" and ignored each other. "She refused to sit with or even near him," a witness said of Rihanna. "When she noticed he was there, she made a huge show of rubbing her presence in his face."
Drake, 26, left the nightclub without putting up a fight, according to TMZ.
The "Take Care" rapper and the "Forever" singer -- both of whom have romanced Rihanna, 24 -- famously got into a violent club brawl at New York City's W.i.P. nightclub on June 14, 2012. Five people were treated for minor injuries as a result of the melee, including San Antonio Spurs basketball player Tony Parker, who sustained a scratched retina.
"It was lot of pushing and shoving," an observer told Us at the time. "People were picking up ice buckets in case they had to throw it. They tore the club apart. It was bad. People went to the hospital!"
Drake's rep said "The Motto" rapper "was on his way out of the club when the altercation began" and "did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to a person or damage to property." As the observer noted, "It was entourage versus entourage, never Drake versus Chris."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite