Election officials defend special voting for Usher
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola for Pencils of Promise/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: https://www.facebook.com/usher/.4 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.7 of 16
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Hip-O Records/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LA-TOM/DS-ISM/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) — Election officials in the Atlanta area are defending their decision to allow singer Usher to bypass long lines and cast his ballot on Election Day, infuriating voters who had to wait.
RELATED: Celebritweets: Election Edition
Fulton County election officials tell WSB-TV that Usher Raymond IV was escorted to the front of the line to minimize distractions at his Roswell polling place. They said in a statement that poll manager Frank Padula was directed to move Usher through the process as quickly as possible.
WSB reports that Usher took cellphone pictures of himself voting, then posted them on Twitter.
Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann questioned the decision. Hausmann said she can think of only a few people who might deserve such treatment, such as people with disabilities, the elderly and voters with small children.
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite