Election officials defend special voting for Usher
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola for Pencils of Promise/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: https://www.facebook.com/usher/.4 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.7 of 16
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter8 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Hip-O Records/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: LA-TOM/DS-ISM/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- Patrick Warburton Set to Reboot 'The Tick' as an Amazon PilotMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:14:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Thanks Fans for Support: 'Her Condition Remains SeriMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 7:20:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; Bogdanov
ROSWELL, Ga. (AP) — Election officials in the Atlanta area are defending their decision to allow singer Usher to bypass long lines and cast his ballot on Election Day, infuriating voters who had to wait.
RELATED: Celebritweets: Election Edition
Fulton County election officials tell WSB-TV that Usher Raymond IV was escorted to the front of the line to minimize distractions at his Roswell polling place. They said in a statement that poll manager Frank Padula was directed to move Usher through the process as quickly as possible.
WSB reports that Usher took cellphone pictures of himself voting, then posted them on Twitter.
Fulton County Commissioner Liz Hausmann questioned the decision. Hausmann said she can think of only a few people who might deserve such treatment, such as people with disabilities, the elderly and voters with small children.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite