Elton John confirms birth of second son
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- 'Graceland's' Brandon Jay McLaren Books Recurring Role on 'GirlfMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:32:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service Philo
Sir Elton John has finally confirmed he is a father for the second time.
Rumors suggesting that John and his partner David Furnish had welcomed another tot via a surrogate began to swirl last week, but on Thursday a representative for the couple denied the reports.
And it seems the world's media was a little early with the big news; the baby was actually born in Los Angeles on Friday, and now the music legend has officially announced the arrival of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
A statement from the pair to Hello! magazine reads, "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The couple's first son, Zachary, was born on Christmas Day in 2010.
RELATED: Stars who adopt
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite