Elton John confirms birth of second son
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Sir Elton John has finally confirmed he is a father for the second time.
Rumors suggesting that John and his partner David Furnish had welcomed another tot via a surrogate began to swirl last week, but on Thursday a representative for the couple denied the reports.
And it seems the world's media was a little early with the big news; the baby was actually born in Los Angeles on Friday, and now the music legend has officially announced the arrival of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
A statement from the pair to Hello! magazine reads, "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The couple's first son, Zachary, was born on Christmas Day in 2010.
RELATED: Stars who adopt
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite