Elton John confirms birth of second son
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA/.2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News9 of 14
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 14
- Photo: Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Sir Elton John has finally confirmed he is a father for the second time.
Rumors suggesting that John and his partner David Furnish had welcomed another tot via a surrogate began to swirl last week, but on Thursday a representative for the couple denied the reports.
And it seems the world's media was a little early with the big news; the baby was actually born in Los Angeles on Friday, and now the music legend has officially announced the arrival of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
A statement from the pair to Hello! magazine reads, "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The couple's first son, Zachary, was born on Christmas Day in 2010.
RELATED: Stars who adopt
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite