Eminem says addiction put him a "couple of hours away from death"
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 8
- Photo: James K. Burns / Camera Press/Retna Digital2 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GARY MALERBA/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Suzanne Plunkett/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
By Michelle Lanz
Detroit rapper Eminem is back in the spotlight with a new album, aptly named "Recovery," in which he opens up about his recent struggle with drugs and his road back to a healthier state.
RELATED: See more pics of Eminem
“Recovery feels better than ever," Eminem told CNN at the E3 video game conference in Los Angeles. "Feels like I'm me again.”
He says it wasn't easy to face his addictions, especially as a hip-hop artist and musician.
“It took me awhile to admit I actually did have a problem," he said. "In the hip-hop world that I live in, it can be mistaken for weakness and the last thing you want to do in hip-hop is admit that you're weak. But if I didn't admit I was weak with this certain thing I was going to die."
RELATED: Read more about Eminem
Eminem also admits that his situation became serious and that he “was certainly a couple of hours away from death," adding that he "overdosed and almost died.”
A new album and a stint in rehab later and Eminem seems ready to get back to work. "Recovery" has since been leaked and celebs like Lindsay Lohan are already tweeting their praises. The actress recently tweeted about one of its tracks, “Talkin' 2 Myself," saying she "Couldn't relate to this song more some days."
From Crowd Ignite