ET Blog: P!nk & Lady Antebellum at the Top Secret Grammy Rehearsals
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: ST/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Mark Lennihan/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Entertainment Tonight online Senior Editor Wes Ferguson blogs from the Grammy rehearsals, where pop diva Pink and divine country trio Lady Antebellum took the stage.
"Once again, myself and the ETonline crew are totally stoked to be asked to represent at the Grammys. Getting a day pass to the rehearsals is like finding a golden ticket to the Wonka factory; except they don't just pass them out like candy.
"Photography was not allowed (pictures posted here are from past performances). Same as last year, I was sworn to secrecy (I even had to screen my tweets!) so that we don't give too much away. As the 2009 Grammys proved when Rihanna had to cancel her performance, anything can happen between now and the night of the event, so things could change at the last minute.
"Truth is, everything is already being done at the last minute. They put the whole show together in less than a week, with just two days of rehearsal. It is an impressive display of stage crews and behind-the-scenes wizardry that creates a seamless transition from presentation to performance. Each element is carefully run through several times so every movement is on queue and the cameras capture the right moments for everybody at home.
"As a huge P!nk fan from day one -- we actually met when she was just coming out and I loved her good natured, yet brazen attitude -- it was super exciting to be asked to her set. Due to the top secret nature of the show, I can only give you very carefully worded clues to what you'll witness!
"Needless to say, you may see a side of P!nk you've never seen before in this very revealing performance. Very revealing. The high-flying antics are sure to leave viewers breathless, hanging on the edge of their seats. Her body is tight and tone like a gymnast, and she knows how to use it -- and yes, for all the spectacle she is singing live. I know because halfway through the song she started chatting with the camera guy, telling him not to worry about all the glitter because it washes right off. That was your last clue, I may have told you too much!
"Pink is nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album and Female Pop Vocal Performance for her single, "Sober."
"Following her set, the very hot country act Lady Antebellum followed (they're one of my mom's faves). This trio will be introduced by another, very famous threesome, who take the stage under a family name.
"They're nominated for "I Run To You," in the Best Country Song and Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals categories. They perform the hit single, set to some interesting visual elements added to enhance the theatrics for the home audience. Again, each moment is timed and sound levels checked -- multiple times -- to get the most out of their only rehearsal on the official Grammy stage before the big night. With only a few days away, they've got to get it right!"
More from ET: The Best & Worst of Grammy Fashions Through the Years!
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite