Etta James taken off respirator after condition improves
- Photo: MS7/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- Chris Brown back in DC court for plea hearingMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:04:00 AM
- Hey, New York Times 'Vows' Section: Who Cares If 'The Bride is Keeping HeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:40:00 PM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) -- Etta James' manager says the terminally ill blues singer is breathing on her own after being taken off a respirator.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
Lupe De Leon said Friday that the change in her condition is great news and that the singer's blood pressure is normal.
De Leon said James was put on a respirator when she was hospitalized in Southern California on Dec. 21 because she was having trouble breathing.
James has been diagnosed with terminal leukemia and is suffering from dementia. She has been receiving mostly at-home care.
Earlier this month, a judge set aside $350,000 for her medical care.
James is best known for the hit "At Last."
RELATED: Year in Celebrity News 2011
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGuilty Plea
From Crowd Ignite