Etta James taken off respirator after condition improves
- Photo: MS7/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) -- Etta James' manager says the terminally ill blues singer is breathing on her own after being taken off a respirator.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
Lupe De Leon said Friday that the change in her condition is great news and that the singer's blood pressure is normal.
De Leon said James was put on a respirator when she was hospitalized in Southern California on Dec. 21 because she was having trouble breathing.
James has been diagnosed with terminal leukemia and is suffering from dementia. She has been receiving mostly at-home care.
Earlier this month, a judge set aside $350,000 for her medical care.
James is best known for the hit "At Last."
RELATED: Year in Celebrity News 2011
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite