Etta James released from hospital, manager says
- Photo: MS7/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Etta James' longtime friend and manager says the singer has been released from a Southern California hospital and is back at home with her family.
RELATED: Etta James Taken Off Respirator
Lupe De Leon says James was released Thursday afternoon, just a few days after the terminally ill singer's condition improved enough for her to be removed from a breathing machine.
The "At Last" singer had been hospitalized since before Christmas after she experienced difficulty breathing. James has been diagnosed with terminal leukemia, and she is also suffering from dementia.
She has been receiving mostly at-home care.
De Leon says James, who lives east of Los Angeles in Riverside County, is stable and is with her husband and other family members.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite