Etta James released from hospital, manager says
- Photo: MS7/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Named Forbes' Highest-Paid Actor AgainMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn to Moderate Nat Geo's Comic-Con Panel (EMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film Festival
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Etta James' longtime friend and manager says the singer has been released from a Southern California hospital and is back at home with her family.
RELATED: Etta James Taken Off Respirator
Lupe De Leon says James was released Thursday afternoon, just a few days after the terminally ill singer's condition improved enough for her to be removed from a breathing machine.
The "At Last" singer had been hospitalized since before Christmas after she experienced difficulty breathing. James has been diagnosed with terminal leukemia, and she is also suffering from dementia.
She has been receiving mostly at-home care.
De Leon says James, who lives east of Los Angeles in Riverside County, is stable and is with her husband and other family members.
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite