Ex-manager of Britney Spears says he was punched
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks9 of 13
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Britney Spears' ex-manager described from the witness stand Wednesday a scene of domestic warfare, saying the superstar's father chased him around a kitchen, punched him and threatened his life.
Sam Lutfi, who is suing Spears' parents for defamation, testified while they watched from across the courtroom.
He denied accusations made in a book by Lynne Spears that he was a Svengali who became the gatekeeper of her daughter's world, locking her parents out of her life.
He contends he was a benevolent caretaker who protected Britney during her highly publicized meltdown.
Lutfi told of days leading to Britney's hospitalization at a psychiatric unit, and jurors saw a video of the star ordering him around outside her home hours before she was taken away.
She was demanding that he let her drive her car and told him to get in the passenger seat. The scene outside her home was surreal, with TV lights and paparazzi surrounding her.
RELATED: Britney Spears' bikini body
Lutfi said Britney feared her father, Jamie Spears, and fled her home when she heard he was coming. Lutfi said the father confronted him twice and punched him on the second visit.
"Jamie came barging into the house. He lunged at me and chased me around the kitchen island. He was spitting, yelling, shouting at me, and said I had hurt his daughter and he was going to beat the hell out of me and I'd better get out of the house," Lutfi testified.
After 10 minutes, he said, Jamie Spears was escorted out by security guards. But the next morning, he got into the house again and the battle resumed, Lutfi said.
"He cornered me in the kitchen, punched me in the solar plexus and threatened to kill me," Lutfi testified.
"How did it feel?" asked his attorney, Joseph Schleimer.
"It hurt," Lutfi replied.
Asked what he did, he said, "I ran to the game room and locked myself in."
A lawyer for Spears said in opening statements that the father never physically assaulted Lutfi and merely touched him on the chest.
With Schleimer reading excerpts from Lynne Spears' book, Lutfi methodically denied every one of her accusations.
"Were you in complete control of Britney's life?" Schleimer asked.
"No," Lutfi said firmly.
"Did you attempt to keep Britney's family away?" he was asked.
"To the contrary, sir," Lutfi answered.
He denied cutting wires to phone lines in the house and hiding Britney's cellphones. He also said he never drugged the superstar.
Lutfi was expected to undergo cross-examination later in the day.
He is suing for damages for defamation and for a 15 percent share of the millions of dollars Britney made while he was with her.
The singer remains under the conservatorship of her father and has been told by a judge not to attend or testify in the trial.
She has made a remarkable comeback from her hard times, now acting as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite