Ex-manager of Britney Spears says he was punched
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: Britney Spears/Twitter4 of 13
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks9 of 13
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Clarke/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: @britneyspears/Twitter12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine useMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 7:49:55 AM
- Jude Law Gets Filthy in 'Dom Hemingway' Red Band Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 7:43:50 AM
- 'SNL' Promos: Paul Rudd Geeks Out Over One Direction, Can't Remember VaneMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 7:40:55 AM
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 Debuting on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 7:37:46 AM
- Will Forte's Ted Turner Says Conan Is Destroying TBS (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 7:25:57 AM
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Britney Spears' ex-manager described from the witness stand Wednesday a scene of domestic warfare, saying the superstar's father chased him around a kitchen, punched him and threatened his life.
Sam Lutfi, who is suing Spears' parents for defamation, testified while they watched from across the courtroom.
He denied accusations made in a book by Lynne Spears that he was a Svengali who became the gatekeeper of her daughter's world, locking her parents out of her life.
He contends he was a benevolent caretaker who protected Britney during her highly publicized meltdown.
Lutfi told of days leading to Britney's hospitalization at a psychiatric unit, and jurors saw a video of the star ordering him around outside her home hours before she was taken away.
She was demanding that he let her drive her car and told him to get in the passenger seat. The scene outside her home was surreal, with TV lights and paparazzi surrounding her.
RELATED: Britney Spears' bikini body
Lutfi said Britney feared her father, Jamie Spears, and fled her home when she heard he was coming. Lutfi said the father confronted him twice and punched him on the second visit.
"Jamie came barging into the house. He lunged at me and chased me around the kitchen island. He was spitting, yelling, shouting at me, and said I had hurt his daughter and he was going to beat the hell out of me and I'd better get out of the house," Lutfi testified.
After 10 minutes, he said, Jamie Spears was escorted out by security guards. But the next morning, he got into the house again and the battle resumed, Lutfi said.
"He cornered me in the kitchen, punched me in the solar plexus and threatened to kill me," Lutfi testified.
"How did it feel?" asked his attorney, Joseph Schleimer.
"It hurt," Lutfi replied.
Asked what he did, he said, "I ran to the game room and locked myself in."
A lawyer for Spears said in opening statements that the father never physically assaulted Lutfi and merely touched him on the chest.
With Schleimer reading excerpts from Lynne Spears' book, Lutfi methodically denied every one of her accusations.
"Were you in complete control of Britney's life?" Schleimer asked.
"No," Lutfi said firmly.
"Did you attempt to keep Britney's family away?" he was asked.
"To the contrary, sir," Lutfi answered.
He denied cutting wires to phone lines in the house and hiding Britney's cellphones. He also said he never drugged the superstar.
Lutfi was expected to undergo cross-examination later in the day.
He is suing for damages for defamation and for a 15 percent share of the millions of dollars Britney made while he was with her.
The singer remains under the conservatorship of her father and has been told by a judge not to attend or testify in the trial.
She has made a remarkable comeback from her hard times, now acting as a judge on TV's "The X Factor."
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the first photos of Mario Lopez's newborn son, Dominic Lopez, on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite