Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole in Our Lives'
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 20
- Photo: CHAC/LMAC/DWE/ZDS/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: ABC/RRAC/CHAC/ZDS/ZOB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: George Chin/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 20
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/18 of 20
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
One day after Amy Winehouse's tragic death, her family has issued a statement regarding the 27-year-old singer's untimely passing.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family tells Us Weekly in a statement. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
The "You Know I'm No Good" singer is survived by her father, Mitch, her mother, Janis, and her older brother, Alex. Winehouse's father was in New York when he learned of her death. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Janis believed her daughter's death had been "only a matter of time" when they met just 24 hours earlier. "She seemed out of it," Janis said. "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
When their visit was over, Winehouse said: "I love you, mum."
"They are the words I will always treasure," Janis now says. "I'm glad I saw her when I did."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite