Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole in Our Lives'
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 20
- Photo: CHAC/LMAC/DWE/ZDS/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: ABC/RRAC/CHAC/ZDS/ZOB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: George Chin/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 20
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/18 of 20
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
One day after Amy Winehouse's tragic death, her family has issued a statement regarding the 27-year-old singer's untimely passing.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family tells Us Weekly in a statement. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
The "You Know I'm No Good" singer is survived by her father, Mitch, her mother, Janis, and her older brother, Alex. Winehouse's father was in New York when he learned of her death. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Janis believed her daughter's death had been "only a matter of time" when they met just 24 hours earlier. "She seemed out of it," Janis said. "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
When their visit was over, Winehouse said: "I love you, mum."
"They are the words I will always treasure," Janis now says. "I'm glad I saw her when I did."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite