Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole in Our Lives'
- Photo: WENN1 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 20
- Photo: CHAC/LMAC/DWE/ZDS/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: ABC/RRAC/CHAC/ZDS/ZOB/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: George Chin/Retna Digital5 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 20
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 20
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 20
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 20
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/18 of 20
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
One day after Amy Winehouse's tragic death, her family has issued a statement regarding the 27-year-old singer's untimely passing.
"Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece. She leaves a gaping hole in our lives," the Winehouse family tells Us Weekly in a statement. "We are coming together to remember her and we would appreciate some privacy and space at this terrible time."
The "You Know I'm No Good" singer is survived by her father, Mitch, her mother, Janis, and her older brother, Alex. Winehouse's father was in New York when he learned of her death. "I'm getting on the next plane back. I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy," he reportedly said. "I can't crack up for her sake. My family needs me. I'm devastated; it's such a shock."
Janis believed her daughter's death had been "only a matter of time" when they met just 24 hours earlier. "She seemed out of it," Janis said. "But her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."
When their visit was over, Winehouse said: "I love you, mum."
"They are the words I will always treasure," Janis now says. "I'm glad I saw her when I did."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite