Fergie: Josh Duhamel sings to my belly, will be an amazing father
- Photo: Pablo/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Stoianov/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: PN2/PNP/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: LUCAS JACKSON/Reuters8 of 16
- Photo: Thibault Monnier/Pacific Coast News9 of 16
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures10 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Victor Decolongon/Getty Images/.13 of 16
- Photo: JXC/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
Fergie's baby-to-be may be getting his or her musical genes from not one, but two proud parents! The pregnant Black Eyed Peas singer revealed that husband Josh Duhamel is so excited about the couple's pending bundle of joy that he's already started bonding with their first child -- while the baby's still in her belly!
"He's been amazing," Fergie told Us Weekly at the LOGO New Now Next awards on Saturday, April 13. "He's so nice and wonderful and he sings and talks to my belly all the time. He's very complimentary. I'm very lucky that he is really good to me."
The 38-year-old singer added that Duhamel, her husband of more than four years, knew that he wanted to be a dad from the couple's very first date.
"He's going to be an amazing father," she added. "He's just got natural parenting instincts and he wanted to knock me up from our first date! He is ready!"
Duhamel, 40, has previously spoken out about his excitement as well, telling Chelsea Handler that he fully plans on being in the delivery room when the time comes -- though wife Fergie has already issued a set of strict rules.
"I will be there. She says that I can't be anywhere below right here," he told Handler on "Chelsea Lately" on Wednesday, April 3. "You know, because some women get nervous about the actual birthing process."
"Some men don't recover from that in all fairness," the talk show host joked.
"But for me," he added, "I think it's a beautiful thing."
And though the couple, who announced their happy baby news via Twitter on February 18, is more than happy to share the details of their preparations for parenthood, there's one important detail that they're keeping between them: the gender of the baby.
When asked whether she'll be having a little boy or girl at the awards Saturday, Fergie only pretended to zip her lips.
"Oh, I know, honey!" she told reporters. In March, Duhamel let slip the pronoun "he" when speaking about the pregnancy with the Associated Press, leading fans to wonder if the pair will be welcoming a mini-Duhamel when the time comes.
"You know your kid is going to get -- he's going to fall and bump his head. And he's going to do all of those things," the actor told the AP of childproofing their home at the time. "But that to me is going to be the hardest thing."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite