Feud News: Does Madonna Find Lady Gaga 'Really Annoying'?Related: Hot Gossip, Madonna, Lady Gaga
- Photo: Madonna and Gaga in Sept. 2009/Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Madonna gets a handful of Lady Gaga's wig on 'SNL'/NBC2 of 8
- Photo: Madonna and Lady Gaga throw down on 'SNL'/NBC3 of 8
- Photo: Lady Gaga swallows rosary beads in her 'Alejandro' video/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Sara Jaye Weiss/StarTraks Photo/Promotional5 of 8
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Ian Lawrence/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- CMT Orders More 'Dog and Beth'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 12:42:36 PM
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctorMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 12:23:05 PM
- Netflix Will Air New Ricky Gervais Series in SeptemberMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 12:17:58 PM
- Melissa McCarthy Reportedly Boots Extra from 'Tammy' Set for Abusing a ChildMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:59:56 AM
- Steven Spielberg to Produce Live-Action 'Halo' SeriesMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:53:19 AM
- CMT Orders More 'Dog and Beth'
By Kat Giantis
Last October, Madonna and Lady Gaga made fun of rivalry rumblings with a hair-yanking, insult-flinging catfight on "Saturday Night Live." But the rumor mill isn't ready to let go of an "All About Eve" scenario featuring catchy pop tunes and no pants.
The Chicago Sun-Times claims that Madonna has been getting her leotard in a bunch whenever she catches footage of Lady G performing because she views it as less of an homage and more of a copy.
Oh, and the Big M supposedly hasn't been shy about saying how she considers the ubiquitous popster "really annoying."
"It just bugs Madonna that Lady Gaga uses fashion and her performance style in a way that has so many people calling her 'the new Madonna,'" a source maintains to the paper. "Madonna thinks she is unique and there cannot be a younger version of something that is unique."
That sounds slightly suspect considering that Madonna made a splash early on by channeling a diamond-sporting Marilyn Monroe.
When contacted for comment, Madonna's rep denied there was any truth to the story.
"Madonna really likes Lady Gaga," spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg assures us. "She never said she was annoying."
Gaga, for her part, has enthusiastically expressed her love for and inspiration from the pop icon.
In her sacril-icious, rosary bead-gulping new "Alejandro" video, Lady G references everything from Madonna's cross-burning "Like a Prayer" video to the black-and-white artiness of "Vogue" to "Evita," with various callouts in between (MTV breaks them down here).
"I think Madonna is great," she gushed to Larry King last week. "She's been a wonderful friend and very kind and supportive and amazing. And she's such an incredible woman. I get compared to so many people. And we're compared to each other, whether we're blond, brunette, black, white, straight, gay."
Perhaps Gaga should have stopped there. Instead, she added that the comparison is "kind of funny" because her mother (yep, she played the mom card) "actually looks sort of like Madonna. And the older I've gotten, I look more and more like my mother. So sometimes I just want to say, it's not my fault that I look like her."
Meanwhile, in other Madonna rivalry news, Us Weekly is resurrecting the rumor that she and Gwyneth Paltrow are no longer Kabbalah bracelet buddies.
"They don't speak," a snitch contends to the mag. "I can't tell you exactly why they had the falling out, but Gwyneth can be jealous and competitive."
The twosome, who have been close friends for more than a decade, have been dogged by rift whispers for months, with the chill ostensibly settling in because of trainer Tracy Anderson, who was cut loose by Madonna late last year but has continued to make Gwyneth feel the burn.
RELATED: Oodles of Gwyneth pics
Fueling speculation was the actress's talk of a "friendship divorce" in a GOOP newsletter back in February.
"What do you do when you realize that although you may have years of history, and found real value in each other in times past, that you kind of don't like a friend anymore?" mused Paltrow, who adamantly denied that she was referring to Madonna.
Then there was Gwyn's sit-down with the May issue of British Vogue, in which she shared, "In fact, I'm having a situation right now with a friend where I'm feeling pretty angry." Again, she denied it was a Madonna dig.
This time around, the pair is said to have "slowly" drifted apart due to their differing lifestyles.
Seems Madonna's 2008 split from Guy Ritchie (and presumably her subsequent romance with Brazilian vealcake Jesus Luz) left "Gwyneth and Madonna with less in common," says the snitch.
But reps for both stars are quick to deny they've had a falling out, with Paltrow's rep telling Gossip Cop that they're "still friends" and the story is "not true," while Madonna's mouthpiece brushes it off as "b.s."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite