Flo Rida facing big tax bill
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Rapper Flo Rida has been slapped with a tax bill for over $1 million.
RELATED: Celebs who owe the most taxes
Flo Rida, real name Tramar Dillard, is accused of falling behind on payments to officials at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for money earned in 2009 and a tax lien was filed against him in a Miami-Dade County court in Florida on Sept. 7, 2012.
The hip-hop star's lawyer, Reginald Mathis, insists the matter is being looked in to and and will be resolved as soon as possible.
RELATED: The most bizarre celeb burglaries
He tells GossipExtra.com, "The accountants are checking into it. We know there were some issues with the year 2009, international expenses and the likes. Whatever Flo owes, he will pay. But I'm confident it's not $1 million!"
The allegations of unpaid taxes are not the only legal issues facing Flo Rida -- he is also being sued over an outstanding bill for a home security system and was recently ordered to pay $432,704 to the organizers of an Australian music festival after he reportedly failed to show up as scheduled.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite