Florence Welch: My Face Isn't Right For Casual Clothes
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire1 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: WENN4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Richard Young/Promotional11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- '12 Years a Slave' Dominates Boston Online Critics AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:37:11 AM
- 'Ellen' Actress Kate Williamson DeadMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:34:46 AM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&ap
Florence Welch's fiery red hair is here to stay.
"I'm a lifer now," the Florence + the Machine frontwoman tells the June issue of Marie Claire. "I've tried going back to brown, but I don't recognize myself."
In addition to her bold hair color, the "Shake It Out" singer, 25, is also known for wearing ornate, avant garde clothing by Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy and Valentino. That's because she's not a fan of casual street clothes. "My face isn't right for them," she explains.
When it comes to dressing up for red carpet events, "I've got a teenager's sense of romanticism," Welch admits. "Like, when you're 15 and you think, 'Oh, I could just die!"
Since bursting onto the music scene in 2009, Welch has worked hard to create an image and sound that is authentically her own. "In the beginning I was a lot younger, drunker and more glib. I've learned not to hide behind a veil of irony -- to talk about my work in a more honest way," she says.
"I'm completely in love with the world but also terrified of it," Welch tells Marie Claire. "It creates some overwhelming feelings. Wanting to battle out that joy and fear is part of my music."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite