Florence Welch: My Face Isn't Right For Casual Clothes
- Photo: Tesh/Marie Claire1 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: WENN4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Richard Young/Promotional11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire Holt
Florence Welch's fiery red hair is here to stay.
"I'm a lifer now," the Florence + the Machine frontwoman tells the June issue of Marie Claire. "I've tried going back to brown, but I don't recognize myself."
In addition to her bold hair color, the "Shake It Out" singer, 25, is also known for wearing ornate, avant garde clothing by Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy and Valentino. That's because she's not a fan of casual street clothes. "My face isn't right for them," she explains.
When it comes to dressing up for red carpet events, "I've got a teenager's sense of romanticism," Welch admits. "Like, when you're 15 and you think, 'Oh, I could just die!"
Since bursting onto the music scene in 2009, Welch has worked hard to create an image and sound that is authentically her own. "In the beginning I was a lot younger, drunker and more glib. I've learned not to hide behind a veil of irony -- to talk about my work in a more honest way," she says.
"I'm completely in love with the world but also terrified of it," Welch tells Marie Claire. "It creates some overwhelming feelings. Wanting to battle out that joy and fear is part of my music."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite