Frank Ocean Says 'No Criminal Charges' After Chris Brown Fight: I Want 'Peace'
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Def Jam/.4 of 16
- Photo: Karl Walter/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: STFN/GSI7 of 16
- Photo: Prestige/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: BadgalRiRi/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Instagram10 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/.12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Zavar/NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' Renewed by ShowtimeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2015 Is Looking for New HomeMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:20:00 AM
- George Takei's Husband and Career Architect Finally Gets His Time to ShineMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:04:00 AM
- Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Will Ferrell Headlining 'Stand Up to Cancer' TelecaMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 8:49:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at Emmys
Looks like Chris Brown is off the hook -- this time, at least. One week after the 23-year-old rapper's alleged altercation at a West Hollywood recording studio, his supposed victim, fellow R&B star Frank Ocean, has decided not to press charges.
Ocean, 25, wrote about the incident on his Tumblr page on Saturday, Feb. 2. "As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man," he said. "But as a man I am not a killer. I'm an artist and a modern person."
"I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit," he continued. "Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace."
The singer's post contradicts earlier reports that said he planned to seek justice against his supposed attacker. On Monday, Jan. 28 -- one day after the brawl -- Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told Reuters that Ocean was "desirous of prosecution in this incident." Fortunately for Brown, however, he appears to have changed his mind.
The encounter between the two Grammy nominees -- both up for Best Urban Contemporary Album at the Feb. 10 awards -- occurred on Sunday, Jan. 27, when they reportedly came to blows over a parking space. According to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, "the altercation allegedly led to Chris Brown punching the victim." (Ocean was not named, but he tweeted about the fight later that night, writing: "Got jumped by Chris and a couple of guys...Cut my finger, now I can't play w/ two hands at the Grammys.")
Brown is currently serving his fourth year of probation following the February 2009 assault of his pop star girlfriend Rihanna. More recently, the "Don't Wake Me Up" singer was involved in a June 2012 club brawl with singer Drake.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Frank Ocean Says "No Criminal Charges" After Chris Brown Fight: I Want "Peace"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite