Frank Ocean's cousin used force against Chris Brown's crew
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP2 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Joseph Kerlakian/StarTraks5 of 15
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Def Jam/.11 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Karl Walter/Getty Images North America13 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Frank Ocean's cousin has defended his actions in a parking lot brawl with Chris Brown and his entourage, insisting he only used force to protect the "Thinkin Bout You" singer from a beating.
RELATED: Celebs in trouble with the law
Brown and his bodyguards allegedly clashed with Ocean's crew over a parking space outside the Westlake Studio in West Hollywood, Calif., in January.
Ocean declined to press charges after initially filing a police complaint for battery, but his relative Sha'Keir Duarte decided to launch his own $3 million civil action in August, holding Brown responsible for a vicious beating he allegedly took from a member of the singer's security team.
Brown hit back with a countersuit last month, accusing Duarte of provoking the fight, and now Ocean's cousin has admitted to the accusation, but claims he was only trying to defend his cousin.
RELATED: Courtroom couture
In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Duarte confesses to using "reasonable and necessary" force to protect himself and Ocean against one of Brown's minders, called Hood.
Brown has since sought professional treatment for anger management after becoming involved in another brawl outside a Washington, D.C. hotel in October. He was ordered to submit to another 90 days in treatment as part of his probation after he was kicked out of a Malibu, Calif., medical facility for hurling a rock through his mother's car window during an argument in November.
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite