Frank Ocean's cousin used force against Chris Brown's crew
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP2 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Joseph Kerlakian/StarTraks5 of 15
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 15
- Photo: Def Jam/.11 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Karl Walter/Getty Images North America13 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &
Frank Ocean's cousin has defended his actions in a parking lot brawl with Chris Brown and his entourage, insisting he only used force to protect the "Thinkin Bout You" singer from a beating.
RELATED: Celebs in trouble with the law
Brown and his bodyguards allegedly clashed with Ocean's crew over a parking space outside the Westlake Studio in West Hollywood, Calif., in January.
Ocean declined to press charges after initially filing a police complaint for battery, but his relative Sha'Keir Duarte decided to launch his own $3 million civil action in August, holding Brown responsible for a vicious beating he allegedly took from a member of the singer's security team.
Brown hit back with a countersuit last month, accusing Duarte of provoking the fight, and now Ocean's cousin has admitted to the accusation, but claims he was only trying to defend his cousin.
RELATED: Courtroom couture
In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Duarte confesses to using "reasonable and necessary" force to protect himself and Ocean against one of Brown's minders, called Hood.
Brown has since sought professional treatment for anger management after becoming involved in another brawl outside a Washington, D.C. hotel in October. He was ordered to submit to another 90 days in treatment as part of his probation after he was kicked out of a Malibu, Calif., medical facility for hurling a rock through his mother's car window during an argument in November.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite