Aretha Franklin scoffs at gastric bypass speculation
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Mike Guastella/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: PN2/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Legendary singer Aretha Franklin has laughed off reports that she underwent gastric bypass surgery in December, insisting the rumors about her mystery operation are "crazy."
The Queen of Soul has refused to divulge details about the health crisis that saw her hospitalized last year, forcing her to ax a series of concerts.
She denied claims she was being treated for pancreatic cancer, and now Franklin has dismissed the latest speculation surrounding her welfare after shedding 85 pounds of body fat.
In an interview with news show "Access Hollywood" due to air next week, Franklin scoffs at the suggestion, saying, "Definitely not -- and would not. I heard that (rumor). I said, 'That is crazy.'"
The superstar remains mum about the specific procedure, only revealing the weight loss is linked, admitting the excess pounds came off "from the surgery that I had."
She adds, "But it definitely was not the bariatric or, what is it, gastric by ... Yeah, I can't even tell you the correct name of it. It's really not necessary to talk about one's personal medical (health)."
Franklin recently told talk show host Wendy Williams she knew it was time to do something about her weight gain after realizing she was "too fat for words."
RELATED: Celebrity birthday wishes
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite