From Drug Abuse to Bobby Brown, Whitney Houston Reveals What Went WrongRelated: Whitney Houston
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith/FeatureFlash/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/AFF/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Devil' No More? BitTorrent 'Arthur Newman' Promotion Generated MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:22:25 PM
- Ratings: CNN's 'New Day' Premieres to Lukewarm NumbersMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:13:56 PM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Logan Marshall Green on Cinemax Pilot 'Quarry' (ExclMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:09:01 PM
- Summer Box Office Up 13 Percent: How Hollywood's Big Bet Is Paying OffMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:01:58 PM
- 'Simpsons' Producer Lands 'How Murray Saved Christmas' Special aMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:41:53 PM
- 'Devil' No More? BitTorrent 'Arthur Newman' Promotion Generated
In a new tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, music icon Whitney Houston refers to her ex-husband Bobby Brown as her main drug of choice.
"He was my drug," Houston told Winfrey of her ex-husband. "I didn't do anything without him."
Houston admitted her need to please Brown amidst her international notoriety, saying, "Something happens to a man when a woman has that much fame. ... I tried to play down all the time. I used to say, 'I'm Mrs. Brown, don't call me Houston.'"
The singing sensation opened up about her and Brown's drug use, disclosing that she mostly abused cocaine and marijuana, but Brown also drank alcohol.
Throughout the interview, Houston referred to her relationship with her ex as "crazy love," saying they had a lot of fun with each other. "They don't know about Bobby. ... He was very much the father. He was very much the man," she told Oprah. "We fought hard. We loved hard."
However, Houston said Brown's attitude would change when he drank alcohol, making him mean. "Emotionally, he was abusive. Physically, no way."
She recalled an instance when she said Brown spat on her when he was drunk. "He had such hate in his eyes for me, because I loved him so much."
Houston said it got so bad that Brown was cutting her head off pictures and painting evil eyes on their bedroom walls with spray paint. She said she kept thinking something was going to give.
"The Oprah Show" will air an encore interview with the music diva along with a special performance on Tuesday.
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite