Lady Gaga: 'Fame felt like bullying'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: DWC/ZDS/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: CS5/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Moore/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: DWC/ZDS/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Lady Gaga struggled to cope with life in the spotlight when she first found fame, comparing the constant attention to "being bullied by music lovers".
RELATED: Gaga and more celebs out and about
The eccentric singer shot to stardom in 2008 following the release of her debut single "Just Dance," and has since sold more than 15 million albums and amassed a loyal fan following - but Gaga hated being the center of attention.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "Being myself in public was very difficult. I was being poked and probed and people would actually touch me and touch my clothes and be like, 'What the f--- is that?' Just so awful.
RELATED: Learn all about Gaga's music career
"It was like I was being bullied by music lovers, because they couldn't possibly believe that I was genuine."
However, after three years in the public eye, Gaga has learned to love her fame - and admits she would be lost without her fans.
She adds, "We have this umbilical cord that I don't want to cut, ever. I don't feel that they suck me dry. It would be so mean, wouldn't it, to say, 'For the next month, 'm going to cut myself off from my fans so I can be a person.' What does that mean? They are part of my person, they are so much of my person. They're at least 50 per cent, if not more."
RELATED: Celebs selling products
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite