Gaga Talks Glamour at Women Of The Year Ceremony
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: Brad Barket/Invision/AP2 of 22
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 22
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 22
- Photo: Jochen Zick/StarTraks6 of 22
- Photo: Starstock/Fame Flynet7 of 22
- Photo: Patrick Demarchelier/Glamour8 of 22
- Photo: Twitter9 of 22
- Photo: Neil Warner/Splash News10 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 22
- Photo: Starstock/Fame Flynet12 of 22
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter13 of 22
- Photo: KEN KATZ/Wonderwall14 of 22
- Photo: TGB/Splash News15 of 22
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet16 of 22
- Photo: SGC/WENN17 of 22
- Photo: TGB/Splash News18 of 22
- Photo: ABUS/Splash News19 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet20 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Glamour's annual Women Of The Year Awards were held in New York on Monday night, and one of the honorees turned heads with her daring style. Unsurprisingly, it was Lady Gaga, who not only was celebrated as one of the Women Of The Year, but also graced the cover of the magazine's Women Of The Year issue.
"I'm really, really very honored," Lady Gaga told Entertainment Tonight at the awards ceremony. "But the truth is they [the other honorees] are much more glamorous than I am. I am very grateful that I was chosen to be on the cover, but I think it's really an important time to look at the sphere of all the women that are being honored tonight. And to turn glamour into something that's not on the outside, but something that's on the inside."
The "ArtPop" singer was adorned in a pearlescent wardrobe with massive pearl heels, given to her by the designer Thom Browne, whose clothes she also wore at her artRave album launch party this weekend.
Despite her unique style and beauty, Lady Gaga told Glamour magazine that she didn't consider herself conventionally beautiful.
"I was never really treated as, or felt, conventionally beautiful, especially in the beginning of my career," she said. "So to be put on the cover of Glamour, looking so conventionally beautiful, it's sort of shocking."
"But this is the thing I really wanted to talk about tonight," Gaga added. "In order to help young people to understand that they don't have to put so much pressure on themselves to look so perfect all the time, they should know that a whole lot of money and time went into that shoot. I don't look like that when I wake up in the morning."
Lady Gaga was just one of 12 women to be honored, including Malala Yousafzai, Gabby Giffords, Catherine Martin, Kerry Washington, Liya Kebede, Christy Terlington Burns, Natalie Massenet, Carissa Moore, Barbara Streisand, and Melinda Gates.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite