Gavin DeGraw injured after attack
- Photo: Matt Peyton/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Dimitrious Kambouris/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
NEW YORK (AP) -- Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw is recovering after being attacked by a group of men on a city street.
Police say DeGraw suffered a broken nose and a cut to his face after he was beaten up by "unknown male attackers" early Monday morning. An investigation is ongoing.
RELATED: Gavin Degraw's Sweet New Single
A statement sent out by his spokesman Monday night says he was taken to Bellevue Hospital in an ambulance and is still hospitalized under observation. He was treated for a broken nose and cuts on his face, according to People.
The singer had been out drinking with friends in New York's East Village, according to the New York Post, when he was attacked by a group of assailants around 4:30 a.m. on the corner of 6th Street and 1st Avenue. After the attack, he was hit by a cab, according to the report.
RELATED: Read More About DeGraw on MSN
The 911 caller who contacted the police for help at the corner of 19th Street and 1st Avenue described an apparently intoxicated man with a bloody shirt, People reported.
DeGraw has been forced to cancel a planned concert Tuesday in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
DeGraw has a new album, "Sweeter," due out in September. He's probably best known for his hit song "Chariot."
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite