George Michael: 'I deserved to go to jail'
- Photo: Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: Mandatory Credit: Olga Bermejo/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Pete Mariner/Retna Ltd.5 of 7
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
LONDON (AP) -- George Michael says he deserved to spend a month in jail last year for crashing his Range Rover while under the influence of drugs.
The former Wham! singer says it was karma — that after repeatedly breaking the law, he felt that he had "a bill to pay." That made accepting his punishment easier, Michael said, according to excerpts from an interview released by BBC radio Sunday.
Michael received an eight-week sentence for crashing his car into a London photo shop in July while high on prescription drugs and marijuana. The judge ordered Michael to serve four weeks of the sentence in prison and the rest on parole.
The musician, whose hits include "Faith" and "Freedom," also received a $2,000 fine and lost his driver's license for five years.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite