George Michael treated for 'minor' injuries
- Photo: WENN1 of 14
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital6 of 14
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Promotional8 of 14
- Photo: Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Mandatory Credit: Olga Bermejo/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: James Palmer/Retna Ltd.11 of 14
- Photo: WENN12 of 14
- Photo: WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
LONDON (AP) -- George Michael was being treated at a hospital Friday for what his publicist called minor injuries after being a passenger in a car crash near London.
A statement released Friday said the singer was in an accident on Thursday night and suffered "superficial cuts and bruises."
The statement from publicist Connie Filippello said no other vehicle was involved in the crash. She declined to provide details about where Michael is hospitalized or when he will be released.
Sky News reported that the crash happened Thursday evening on the crowded M1 motorway just northwest of London. It said a different man in the crash had to be taken by air ambulance to a hospital for a head injury.
The popular singer has had numerous car-related problems in recent years.
He was imprisoned for eight weeks in 2010 after crashing his Range Rover into a photo shop in north London, pleading guilty to driving under the influence of drugs and possessing marijuana.
He also had received an earlier two-year driving ban for a separate drug-related incident.
RELATED: Greek celebs
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite