Robin Gibb remains hospitalized for abdominal pain
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Bee Gees legend Robin Gibb is still in the hospital being admitted Thursday for inflammation of the colon.
RELATED: Week in Photos for Oct. 14, 2011
After suffering acute abdominal pains at his home in Oxfordshire, he was taken to John Radcliffe Hospital. His wife, Dwina accompanied him. He was later forced to cancel a scheduled radio appearance on Friday.
Doctors are keeping the star under observation, and Gibb has thanked his fans for their ongoing support.
RELATED: The Shortlist for Oct. 14
A post on his website reads, "Robin Gibb, accompanied by his wife Dwina, was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford on Thursday 13th October 2011 to undergo tests for abdominal pain and is being treated for inflammation of the colon."
"He requests that since this is a difficult time for him and his family his privacy be respected. Robin would like to thank all his friends and fans for their good wishes and sends them his love."
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
Gibb suffered a similar problem in April, and was forced to pull out of his South American tour just a year after he underwent emergency surgery for a blocked intestine.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite