Amid Rumors of Baby No. 2, Elton John Admits, I Could Have Ended Up Like WhitneyRelated: Hot Gossip, Whitney Houston, Elton John
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Tina Lau/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP6 of 14
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: USMagazine9 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Badi-Ftw/Starface/Retna Digital12 of 14
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Dead at 74MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 2:19:59 PM
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally Drive Their Kids Into the Woods in 'Kings of Summer'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 2:01:34 PM
- 'American Chopper's' Paul Teutul Sr. Lands New CMT Series 'OrangMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:59:24 PM
- 'The Big Knife' With Bobby Cannavale Ending Broadway RunMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:53:16 PM
- Bernard Waber, children's author, dies at age 91MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:48:39 PM
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Dead at 74
"It's a miracle I didn't," he reveals. "Because I'm sure I did as much cocaine as she ever did."
Elton, who has been sober since 1990 (he has called it his "greatest achievement"), says he "would not be the person I am today" if he hadn't found the strength to quit.
"I wouldn't have [15-month-old son] Zachary, [husband] David [Furnish]. I wouldn't have anything," he acknowledges. "I'd probably be dead."
Elton's remarks come on the heels of a London Daily Mirror report that claims he and Furnish may be in the process of adding to their brood.
"The wheels are in motion," tattles a source. "David and Elton have never hidden their desire to extend their family, and believe the time is right for another child."
The couple, who tied the knot in 2005, welcomed Zachary via a surrogate on Christmas Day 2010.
"By the end of this year, or the beginning of next year, there will be a fourth member of the John-Furnish clan," predicts the insider. "They are incredibly excited and loving every minute of parenthood."
Elton's rep remains mum on the rumblings.
But there's no doubt the star has plenty of wisdom to share with his offspring.
"I know by being two same-sex parents that when my boy goes to school he's probably gonna have some people saying, 'Oh, you don't have a mommy,'" he tells E!.
His advice for his "pride and joy" is to speak out, something he wishes he'd done while being bullied well into his adult years.
"It was about control and them being able to keep me under their thumb," Elton says of his tormenters. "And I was the perfect candidate for it. Even though I was famous and a big deal, it doesn't matter, it's who you are underneath that, and I was always kind of shy and intimidated."
Of those unhealthy relationships, he says, "One was violent and the other two were mentally violent. They were very important people in my life. They were important people in my career and in my personal life."
He urges those being bullied to "speak out, speak out. Snitch on them. Try to defend yourself, not like me, who hid it and thought it was OK to just go on like it. ... We have to nip this in the bud. Too many people have died. Too many young people have committed suicide ... ."
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite