- Photo: KMazur/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 14
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira / Splash News/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Tina Lau/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: V. Labissiere/Splash News7 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: USMagazine9 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Badi-Ftw/Starface/Retna Digital12 of 14
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- First Look: Ming-Na Wen is Back at Mulan — This Time on Sofia the FirstMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Monstrous Meals: Chef Josh Capon Talks FrankenfoodMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Syfy's Face Off Returns With a Devious TwistMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Why Terry Crews Wants to Be a MillionaireMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:47:00 AM
- Julianne Moore, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jessica Chastain Films Headed to Toronto Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:35:00 AM
- First Look: Ming-Na Wen is Back at Mulan — This Time on Sofia the First
By Kat Giantis
"It's a miracle I didn't," he reveals. "Because I'm sure I did as much cocaine as she ever did."
Elton, who has been sober since 1990 (he has called it his "greatest achievement"), says he "would not be the person I am today" if he hadn't found the strength to quit.
"I wouldn't have [15-month-old son] Zachary, [husband] David [Furnish]. I wouldn't have anything," he acknowledges. "I'd probably be dead."
Elton's remarks come on the heels of a London Daily Mirror report that claims he and Furnish may be in the process of adding to their brood.
"The wheels are in motion," tattles a source. "David and Elton have never hidden their desire to extend their family, and believe the time is right for another child."
The couple, who tied the knot in 2005, welcomed Zachary via a surrogate on Christmas Day 2010.
"By the end of this year, or the beginning of next year, there will be a fourth member of the John-Furnish clan," predicts the insider. "They are incredibly excited and loving every minute of parenthood."
Elton's rep remains mum on the rumblings.
But there's no doubt the star has plenty of wisdom to share with his offspring.
"I know by being two same-sex parents that when my boy goes to school he's probably gonna have some people saying, 'Oh, you don't have a mommy,'" he tells E!.
His advice for his "pride and joy" is to speak out, something he wishes he'd done while being bullied well into his adult years.
"It was about control and them being able to keep me under their thumb," Elton says of his tormenters. "And I was the perfect candidate for it. Even though I was famous and a big deal, it doesn't matter, it's who you are underneath that, and I was always kind of shy and intimidated."
Of those unhealthy relationships, he says, "One was violent and the other two were mentally violent. They were very important people in my life. They were important people in my career and in my personal life."
He urges those being bullied to "speak out, speak out. Snitch on them. Try to defend yourself, not like me, who hid it and thought it was OK to just go on like it. ... We have to nip this in the bud. Too many people have died. Too many young people have committed suicide ... ."
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite