Chris Brown Dumps Girlfriend, Cites Rihanna as ReasonRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Chris Brown, Rihanna
- Photo: WENN/Fame Flynet1 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 23
- Photo: MTV/Promotional3 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 23
- Photo: Bob Chamberlin/AP5 of 23
- Photo: SBCH/GSI6 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN7 of 23
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage8 of 23
- Photo: DR2/WENN9 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 23
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks11 of 23
- Photo: Rob Rich/WENN12 of 23
- Photo: VPG/WENN13 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage14 of 23
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet15 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet16 of 23
- Photo: Martin Harris/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.17 of 23
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin18 of 23
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Wonderwall19 of 23
- Photo: SGP/Fame Flynet20 of 23
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.21 of 23
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com22 of 23
- Photo: Splash News23 of 23
By Kat Giantis
This should end well. In the most unsettling sign yet that Rihanna and Chris Brown are ready to reignite their notoriously dysfunctional relationship, he's called it quits with Karrueche Tran, his girlfriend of more than a year, claiming RiRi as his motivation.
"I have decided to be single to focus on my career," Brown says in a statement to Wonderwall. "I love Karrueche very much, but I don't want to see her hurt over my friendship with Rihanna. I'd rather be single, allowing us to both be happy in our lives."
The move follows multiple sightings of Rihanna and Chris around New York, starting with a make out and dirty-dancing session on Monday at Manhattan hot spot Griffin, and continuing the next day with separate exits from the same swanky hotel, then still more PDA at club 1Oak.
On Wednesday night, they were photographed sitting side by side at Jay-Z's sold-out concert in Brooklyn.
"They walked into the VIP section together. He had his arm around her," a source tells Us Weekly. "They weren't looking like they were expecting people to be shocked at all. Totally casual about it."
So casual that the self-respect-needing Barbadian beauty, 24, was apparently cuddling up with the impulse-driven singer, 23, in proximity to Beyoncé.
"Chris really wants to be free to pursue Rihanna now that she wants him back," another insider shares with the mag. "They will be together, trust me. I always told you he'd go back to Rihanna in a heartbeat when she was ready."
That might explain some of Tran's recent tweets, including this gem on Monday: "There's a difference between a man and a boy. I prefer men." Two days later, she succinctly shared, "Bye baby."
"Karrueche was very patient with Chris and never nagged him about what he had been doing whenever they were apart," a spy tells Radar Online. "She never went through his cell phone, but she suspected for a long time that he had been cheating on her for some time. She just never had the proof."
(Side note: If you need proof to confirm your romantic suspicions, perhaps it's time to move on.)
"They are both young, but she just couldn't tolerate being publicly humiliated anymore," says the source. "The relationship was tumultuous and filled with drama, and she just had enough and wants a healthy relationship."
It's just too bad Rihanna, who landed in the emergency room in February 2009 courtesy of Brown, doesn't seem to want the same.
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite