- Photo: Picasa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 14
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin7 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 14
- Photo: VPE/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: APL/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 14
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
By Kat Giantis
Fans of Jay-Z's lyrical stylings know how much he reveres Robert De Niro. He frequently name-drops the iconic actor, from the opening lines of "New York State of Mind" ("Yeah, I'm out that Brooklyn, now I'm down in TriBeCa, right next to De Niro") to "Party Life" ("Sippin' on my vino got me cooler than Pacino and De Niro put together, my real life is like 'Casino'").
But Hova managed to get on Bob's bad side by not practicing proper phone etiquette, says the New York Post, which claims the two ended up in a "tense beef" at Leonardo DiCaprio's celebrity-stuffed charitable birthday bash last weekend.
De Niro, in what sounds like a pitch-perfect recreation of his crankypants "Meet the Parents" character, reportedly took Jay-Z to task for not returning his calls over plans to record a song for the TriBeCa Film Festival.
"Bob was sitting at a table, and when Jay-Z went over to say hello, De Niro told Jay that he never called him back," relays a big-eared spy. "Bob wasn't in any mood to make polite conversation. He told Jay that if somebody calls you six times, you call them back. It doesn't matter who you are, that is just rude."
Jay-Z could have pulled any number of excuses out of his pocket ("I was busy with the election/Blue Ivy/running my empire/firing my assistant for never giving me messages") but instead, he laughed and sheepishly explained he's "terrible on the phone," according to a source.
"De Niro kept telling him that he thinks he's the man," recalls the snitch, "but that he was disrespectful.'"
Perhaps sensing her husband was in trouble, Beyoncé came over, but it seems she was unable to smooth things over.
"It was the talk of the party," marvels the source. "Everyone was saying there's only one star in New York bigger and badder than Jay-Z, and that's Robert De Niro. He can be quite scary when he's angry."
As his turn as a baseball bat-wielding Al Capone in "The Untouchables" proved (and "Raging Bull," and "Cape Fear" and, well, you get the idea). Still, another insider insists the pair's confab over call-return conduct has been overblown.
"It was a low-key private conversation between two people that was apparently overheard," a De Niro confidant tells the paper. "It was not a heated discussion."
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite