Solange and Jay apologize to each other as flirty behavior blamed for elevator attack
- Photo: Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: USA Today Sports/.2 of 11
- Photo: beyonce/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: beyonce/Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: saintrecords/Instagram5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images/Wonderwall7 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Grossman/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
By Kat Giantis
Jay Z and Solange Knowles announced on Thursday that they have "apologized to each other" and "moved forward as a united family" after their caught-on-camera elevator scuffle.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," Jay, Solange and Beyoncé said in a statement to the Associated Press. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public."
But has the spark that set off Solange's volcanic temper tantrum been identified? Two different outlets claim that a Met Gala confrontation over designer Rachel Roy's supposed flirtiness with Jay Z prompted the singer's dustup with her brother-in-law as big sister Beyoncé stood by.
"At the gala, Rachel was being flirtatious with Jay," a source contends to E! News. "Once everyone was at the Boom Boom Room [at the Standard Hotel] for the afterparty, her flirtations were elevated."
The New York Daily News says Solange "barked" at Roy, the ex-wife of Jay's former business partner Damon Dash, to keep her distance.
"Rachel is a little too close to Jay Z," maintains an insider. "Solange doesn't like it, and Beyoncé doesn't like it."
According to the E! spy, "Beyoncé approached Rachel to let her know the behavior was disrespectful, and she wanted her out of their lives for good. Solange came over to have her sister's back and things got heated with her and Rachel. Jay said some disrespectful things to Beyoncé and Solange as the confrontation was going down. That's why all hell broke loose in the elevator and why Beyoncé just stood back and let Solange hit Jay."
In their statement, the trio stressed that the many rumors swirling around Solange from that night aren't true: "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems, and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Ben's Big Night
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar -- and joins Instagram! -- and more celeb news on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian talks about Kim's wedding. Will Mason be the ring bearer?Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite