- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Heather Lang/.2 of 12
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: 247PapsTV/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: SPW/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Getty Images North America8 of 12
- Photo: Thumbs42/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
By Kat Giantis
For months, story after story has predicted an imminent engagement between Katy Perry and John Mayer. But did the seemingly inevitable question-popping take place on that most clichéd of romantic days? The doll-faced popster made something of a show of displaying a sizable ring on her all-important finger as she exited a Valentine's Day dinner with the crooner on Friday in Los Angeles (see the grainy pics here).
A tiara-sporting, bob-wigged Katy, 29, repeatedly held up her hand as she and Mayer, 36, laughed and cuddled as they left the Sunset Tower Hotel and climbed into their car. The photos, in which the former Mrs. Russell Brand is sporting a vintage-looking sparkler, immediately touched off speculation that the couple of less than two years were engaged.
But a source tells E! News that Mayer, who offered up the V-Day tweet, "I got the hottest girl in the game, Pick in' my brain," hasn't yet asked Perry to stick with him until death (career and otherwise) do they part.
Echoes a spy to Us, "It was a romantic Valentine's Day dinner for the two of them in a private spot, but there was no proposal. ... The dinner was sweet but low-key."
Still, they had plenty of fun on the Cupid-endorsed holiday by hitting hot spot Bootsy Bellows after dinner and partying in the VIP room.
"They are really happy. They had the most amazing date night," relays the insider. "They had a private booth at Bootsy Bellows and were very happy just to be together. They were taking pics of one another and are head over heels. After a while, they had some friends join them and they spent the rest of the night dancing. They left as the club was closing."
Two days later, Perry and Mayer were snapped enjoying an afternoon of shopping in Hollywood, and sure enough her ring finger was bauble free. That night, however, it was back on her digit as she dodged paparazzi while out to dinner with John.
You'll recall these same engagement rumors circulated last Valentine's Day, when Katy flashed a heart-shaped ruby ring that John gave her over dinner. Perhaps sparking betrothal talk is the pair's V-Day tradition.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite