- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Canham/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen for Village at the Lift/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: 4CRNS/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Terma/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After StandinMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Jack O'Connell Thriller '71' Acquired by Roadside Attractions, Black LabeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Extant Exclusive: Louis Gossett Jr. to Play Halle Berry's FatherMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- 'Believe' Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth VaderMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:18:00 PM
- 12 Years a Slave Screenwriter "Regrets" Not Thanking Director Amid FeudMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:17:00 PM
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After Standin
In December, Selena Gomez announced she was going to "spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be." But did she short-change her commitment to self-improvement by ditching rehab early? So says TMZ, which claims she left the Meadows treatment facility in Arizona last month just two weeks into a six-week program and "over the strenuous objections of the rehab staff."
Leaving aside the implication that privacy, even about medical matters, appears to be a quaint notion from a bygone era, the starlet, 21, supposedly exited rehab in order to promote "Rudderless" at the Sundance Film Festival.
According to TMZ, she told her inner circle that she'd return to treatment after making the scene in Park City, "but when it was over, Selena decided she was cured and there was no reason to return."
The rehab staff, however, believes "it's essential in any recovery to complete the therapy." Gomez, for her part, allegedly felt "everything is fine" since she made it through the most difficult part of therapy (dubbed "survivor's week").
In a statement on Wednesday, Selena's rep confirmed that she had "voluntarily" checked into rehab in early January, "but not for substance abuse." TMZ contends she was seeking help for issues that included pot, alcohol, Ambien and her dysfunctional, on-off relationship with Justin Bieber.
"She just needed to clear her head," a source downplays to E! News. "She's never been better. ... She's strong and great."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite