- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Canham/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen for Village at the Lift/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: 4CRNS/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Terma/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- 'Undateable' Gets Second Season From NBCMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:18:00 PM
- NBC Renews Undateable
In December, Selena Gomez announced she was going to "spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be." But did she short-change her commitment to self-improvement by ditching rehab early? So says TMZ, which claims she left the Meadows treatment facility in Arizona last month just two weeks into a six-week program and "over the strenuous objections of the rehab staff."
Leaving aside the implication that privacy, even about medical matters, appears to be a quaint notion from a bygone era, the starlet, 21, supposedly exited rehab in order to promote "Rudderless" at the Sundance Film Festival.
According to TMZ, she told her inner circle that she'd return to treatment after making the scene in Park City, "but when it was over, Selena decided she was cured and there was no reason to return."
The rehab staff, however, believes "it's essential in any recovery to complete the therapy." Gomez, for her part, allegedly felt "everything is fine" since she made it through the most difficult part of therapy (dubbed "survivor's week").
In a statement on Wednesday, Selena's rep confirmed that she had "voluntarily" checked into rehab in early January, "but not for substance abuse." TMZ contends she was seeking help for issues that included pot, alcohol, Ambien and her dysfunctional, on-off relationship with Justin Bieber.
"She just needed to clear her head," a source downplays to E! News. "She's never been better. ... She's strong and great."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite