- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Canham/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen for Village at the Lift/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: 4CRNS/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Terma/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
In December, Selena Gomez announced she was going to "spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be." But did she short-change her commitment to self-improvement by ditching rehab early? So says TMZ, which claims she left the Meadows treatment facility in Arizona last month just two weeks into a six-week program and "over the strenuous objections of the rehab staff."
Leaving aside the implication that privacy, even about medical matters, appears to be a quaint notion from a bygone era, the starlet, 21, supposedly exited rehab in order to promote "Rudderless" at the Sundance Film Festival.
According to TMZ, she told her inner circle that she'd return to treatment after making the scene in Park City, "but when it was over, Selena decided she was cured and there was no reason to return."
The rehab staff, however, believes "it's essential in any recovery to complete the therapy." Gomez, for her part, allegedly felt "everything is fine" since she made it through the most difficult part of therapy (dubbed "survivor's week").
In a statement on Wednesday, Selena's rep confirmed that she had "voluntarily" checked into rehab in early January, "but not for substance abuse." TMZ contends she was seeking help for issues that included pot, alcohol, Ambien and her dysfunctional, on-off relationship with Justin Bieber.
"She just needed to clear her head," a source downplays to E! News. "She's never been better. ... She's strong and great."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite