- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Canham/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen for Village at the Lift/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: 4CRNS/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Terma/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
In December, Selena Gomez announced she was going to "spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be." But did she short-change her commitment to self-improvement by ditching rehab early? So says TMZ, which claims she left the Meadows treatment facility in Arizona last month just two weeks into a six-week program and "over the strenuous objections of the rehab staff."
Leaving aside the implication that privacy, even about medical matters, appears to be a quaint notion from a bygone era, the starlet, 21, supposedly exited rehab in order to promote "Rudderless" at the Sundance Film Festival.
According to TMZ, she told her inner circle that she'd return to treatment after making the scene in Park City, "but when it was over, Selena decided she was cured and there was no reason to return."
The rehab staff, however, believes "it's essential in any recovery to complete the therapy." Gomez, for her part, allegedly felt "everything is fine" since she made it through the most difficult part of therapy (dubbed "survivor's week").
In a statement on Wednesday, Selena's rep confirmed that she had "voluntarily" checked into rehab in early January, "but not for substance abuse." TMZ contends she was seeking help for issues that included pot, alcohol, Ambien and her dysfunctional, on-off relationship with Justin Bieber.
"She just needed to clear her head," a source downplays to E! News. "She's never been better. ... She's strong and great."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite