- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Victoria Will/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Canham/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Imeh Akpanudosen for Village at the Lift/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: VM/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: 4CRNS/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Terma/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
In December, Selena Gomez announced she was going to "spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be." But did she short-change her commitment to self-improvement by ditching rehab early? So says TMZ, which claims she left the Meadows treatment facility in Arizona last month just two weeks into a six-week program and "over the strenuous objections of the rehab staff."
Leaving aside the implication that privacy, even about medical matters, appears to be a quaint notion from a bygone era, the starlet, 21, supposedly exited rehab in order to promote "Rudderless" at the Sundance Film Festival.
According to TMZ, she told her inner circle that she'd return to treatment after making the scene in Park City, "but when it was over, Selena decided she was cured and there was no reason to return."
The rehab staff, however, believes "it's essential in any recovery to complete the therapy." Gomez, for her part, allegedly felt "everything is fine" since she made it through the most difficult part of therapy (dubbed "survivor's week").
In a statement on Wednesday, Selena's rep confirmed that she had "voluntarily" checked into rehab in early January, "but not for substance abuse." TMZ contends she was seeking help for issues that included pot, alcohol, Ambien and her dysfunctional, on-off relationship with Justin Bieber.
"She just needed to clear her head," a source downplays to E! News. "She's never been better. ... She's strong and great."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite