- Photo: Instagram/Twitter1 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 21
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 21
- Photo: AOL/Huffington Post/Promotional5 of 21
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 21
- Photo: ./Fame Flynet7 of 21
- Photo: WENN8 of 21
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.9 of 21
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 21
- Photo: Instagram/Willow Smith/.11 of 21
- Photo: Twitter/.12 of 21
- Photo: AB1/WENN13 of 21
- Photo: @OfficialWillow/Twitter14 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 21
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage16 of 21
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP17 of 21
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com18 of 21
- Photo: @OfficialWillow/Twitter19 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP20 of 21
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP21 of 21
By Kat Giantis
Everybody calm down. Willow Smith has not -- repeat -- not pierced her tongue at the tender age of 11. Talk that the hair-whipping offspring of Will and Jada had added a very grown-up new accessory began when the fashion-experimenting tween shared a picture of a shiny stud sitting in the center of her braces-surrounded mouth (see below).
That set off a flurry of pearl-clutching on the Interwebs, with scandalized commenters waggling their fingers at Willow's famous parents over her youth (seems she would need permission to pierce her tongue) and the adult implications of the jewelry.
But there's no need to judge the Smiths for being too permissive with their daughter.
"It isn't a piercing," an insider explains to Gossip Cop. "It is a magnet. Just a young girl having fun with accessories."
(Not that fun accoutrements don't have potentially deadly risks.)
Then again, if Willow, who recently buzzed and dyed her hair, had wanted an actual piercing, we're not sure if Will and Jada would stand in her way.
"We let Willow cut her hair," the actor told Parade earlier this month. "When you have a little girl, it's, like, how can you teach her that you're in control of her body? If I teach her that I'm in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she's going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world."
Continued Will, "She has got to have command of her body. So when she goes out into the world, she's going out with a command that is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite