- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 8
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Donna Ward/Retna Ltd.4 of 8
- Photo: LTA/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
To us, it's the best Madonna has looked in years. Her appearance Monday night at the Costume Institute's annual fashion extravaganza at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art was a return to old-school Madonna, before the biceps that could crush coal into diamonds, before the strangely puffy cheeks, and before the punishing gym regimen and restricted diet that have long seemed to define her life.
Styling a silhouette-hugging satin gown in an ultra-flattering steel blue designed by her pal, Stella McCartney, the Big M, 52, looked stunning and surprisingly age appropriate as she showed off a figure that women of any generation would trample their grandmas to achieve (click through to see her silver star-bedecked ensemble from several angles).
But Madonna apparently wasn't seeing what we were seeing, and her red-carpet stroll betrayed a crack in her once impenetrable self-esteem.
"I feel fat in my dress," she confessed to reporters (via Us Weekly).
On the one hand, it's nice to know Madonna experiences human emotion; on the other, she has two daughters, 14-year-old Lourdes and 5-year-old Mercy, looking to her for guidance through the always-fraught-with-self-doubt formative years.
For their sake, shouldn't she embrace her body image, whether muscle-bound, average or "Material Girl" curvy?
What say you of Madonna's use of the (other) f-word? A refreshing moment of honesty for a superstar not often given to weakness, or a possible sign that she's spent too many years obsessing over obtaining a perfectly sculpted body?
Tell us in the comments …
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite