Frances Bean Cobain: Kurt and Courtney's Daughter Is Grown Up and GorgeousRelated: Courtney Love
- Photo: RockySchenck.com/.1 of 10
By Kat Giantis
There's a certain story about Frances Bean Cobain that has always stuck with us. Back in 2003, her mom, Courtney Love, overdosed on OxyContin. As they waited for the ambulance to arrive, Frances made Courtney a cup of green tea, the last thing she would ingest before her stomach was pumped.
Frances was 11 at the time.
Her ability to remain calm in a crisis spoke of a maturity seemingly gained from losing dad Kurt Cobain before she was 2 and dealing with a mother with a bottomless well of issues.
Last week, Frances Bean turned 19, a milestone hailed by The New York Times as "the most anticipated comings of age in recent pop cultural history."
Her mom, not surprisingly, wasn't impressed.
"I didn't like how they called her an 'it' girl," Love kvetched to the New York Observer. "It's tacky. It's not like she's gonna do Nylon.”
Fortunately, Frances did something far more artful. She posed for fine-art photographer Rocky Schenck, who was a favorite of her father's.
Click on to see more of a very grown-up and gorgeous rock 'n' roll scion ...
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite