- Photo: WENN/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: @rihanna/Twitter7 of 11
- Photo: Alison Buck/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
By Kat Giantis
The heart wants what it wants, even when it shouldn't. Just days after Rihanna and Chris Brown released two sexually suggestive (and, let's face it, nausea-inducing) remixes, friends say they are inching "dangerously close" to a reunion, reports TMZ. And given his brutal 2009 assault on her, that has their nearest and dearest (and the rest of us) very worried.
The former flames' respective inner circles are supposedly "terrified" they'll reconcile and are trying "everything" to stop it from happening, including forcefully cautioning them both that it's a "terrible idea" that could be a disaster personally and professionally.
"Chris was a strong first love for her that she wants to hold on to," a RiRi confidant tells Us Weekly. "They had a violent, stormy relationship. Her friends obviously think this reunion is crazy, but nobody can tell Rihanna what to do."
According to TMZ, the main roadblock preventing Rihanna from reconciling with Brown is fear of a backlash from fans and the media.
As for Chris's current girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, whose face he recently tattooed on his arm, she doesn't seem to be much of an impediment.
"He will always love Rihanna," a source tells Us. "If she were like, 'I want you back,' he'd drop Karrueche in a heartbeat."
Besides, Radar Online claims his relationship with Tran is an open one, with no questions asked, which sounds a lot like how one spy describes Rihanna's connection with Brown.
"She likes the loose nature of it, and she doesn't want a boyfriend," explains the insider. "This is dangerous, and she likes playing with fire."
This might be a good time to remind the chanteuse what she told Diane Sawyer nine months after the assault, when she admitted it was "embarrassing" that she fell in love with someone like Brown.
"So far in love. So unconditional that I went back," she said. "It's humiliating to say this happened. To accept that? It's a traumatizing experience."
But, Rihanna added, "It's completely normal to go back. It's not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know. When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. ... Even if Chris never hit me again, who is to say that their boyfriend won't? Who's to say that they won't kill these girls? These are young girls, and I just didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened."
But as one resigned source sighs to TMZ, "You can't hold back love."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite