Friends of Rihanna and Chris Brown 'Terrified' Over Possible ReconciliationRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Chris Brown, Rihanna
- Photo: WENN/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: @rihanna/Twitter7 of 11
- Photo: Alison Buck/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
The heart wants what it wants, even when it shouldn't. Just days after Rihanna and Chris Brown released two sexually suggestive (and, let's face it, nausea-inducing) remixes, friends say they are inching "dangerously close" to a reunion, reports TMZ. And given his brutal 2009 assault on her, that has their nearest and dearest (and the rest of us) very worried.
The former flames' respective inner circles are supposedly "terrified" they'll reconcile and are trying "everything" to stop it from happening, including forcefully cautioning them both that it's a "terrible idea" that could be a disaster personally and professionally.
"Chris was a strong first love for her that she wants to hold on to," a RiRi confidant tells Us Weekly. "They had a violent, stormy relationship. Her friends obviously think this reunion is crazy, but nobody can tell Rihanna what to do."
According to TMZ, the main roadblock preventing Rihanna from reconciling with Brown is fear of a backlash from fans and the media.
As for Chris's current girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, whose face he recently tattooed on his arm, she doesn't seem to be much of an impediment.
"He will always love Rihanna," a source tells Us. "If she were like, 'I want you back,' he'd drop Karrueche in a heartbeat."
Besides, Radar Online claims his relationship with Tran is an open one, with no questions asked, which sounds a lot like how one spy describes Rihanna's connection with Brown.
"She likes the loose nature of it, and she doesn't want a boyfriend," explains the insider. "This is dangerous, and she likes playing with fire."
This might be a good time to remind the chanteuse what she told Diane Sawyer nine months after the assault, when she admitted it was "embarrassing" that she fell in love with someone like Brown.
"So far in love. So unconditional that I went back," she said. "It's humiliating to say this happened. To accept that? It's a traumatizing experience."
But, Rihanna added, "It's completely normal to go back. It's not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know. When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. ... Even if Chris never hit me again, who is to say that their boyfriend won't? Who's to say that they won't kill these girls? These are young girls, and I just didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened."
But as one resigned source sighs to TMZ, "You can't hold back love."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite